Associate Professor, Faculty of Information Technology, Macau University of Science and Technology
I received my B.S. in Automation and M.Eng in Software Engineering from Northeastern University. I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from University of Seoul, under the supervision of Prof. Byungjeong Lee. After that, I spent one year at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow advised by Dr. Xiapu Luo. Currently, I am an associate professor at the Faculty of Information Technology, Macau University of Science and Technology (MUST). Before joining MUST, I was the faculty member of Harbin Engineering University and Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
My current research interests include Mining Software Repositories, Software Security, and Program Language.
I am looking for highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Assistant and Phd/MPhil students with strong background in Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Software Security, and Software Engineering. Undergraduate students who are interested in my research are also welcome to join us.
- HEU's Young Leading Talent, January 2017
- Best Paper Award, KCSE 2014, February
- SIGAPP Student Travel Award, ACM SAC 2013, March 2013
- Honor Prize, the 18th Samsung HumanTech Paper Award, February 2012
- Bronze Prize, the 2011 IEEE Seoul Section Student Paper Contest, December 2011
Selected Publications (More in DBLP and Google Scholar)
- Where2Change: Change Request Localization for App Reviews Tao Zhang, Jiachi Chen, Xian Zhan, Xiapu Luo, David Lo, and He Jiang, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), Accepted to appear, 2019.
- Enriching API Documentation with Code Samples and Usage Scenarios from Crowd Knowledge Jingxuan Zhang, He Jiang, Zhilei Ren, Tao Zhang, and Zhiqiu Huang, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), Accepted to appear, 2019.
- PPChecker: Towards Accessing the Trustworthiness of Android Apps' Privacy Policies Le Yu, Xiapu Luo, Jiachi Chen, Hao Zhou, Tao Zhang, Henry Chang, and Hareton K. N. Leung, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), Accepted to appear, 2019.
- Labeling Issue Reports in Mobile Apps Tao Zhang, Haoming Li, Zhou Xu, Jian Liu, Rubing Huang, and Yiran Shen, IET Software, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 528-542, 2019.
- LDFR: Learning Deep Feature Representation for Software Defect PredictionZhou Xu, Shuai Li, Jun Xu, Jin Liu, Xiapu Luo, Yifeng Zhang, Tao Zhang, Jacky Keung, and Yutian Tang, Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Vol. 158, Article No. 110402, pp. 1-20, 2019.
- Identifying Crashing Fault Residence Based on Cross Project ModelZhou Xu, Tao Zhang, Yifeng Zhang, Yutian Tang, Jin Liu, Xiapu Luo, Jacky Keung, and Xiaohui Cui, Proc. of the 30th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE'19), pp. 183-194, 2019.
- Cross Project Defect Prediction via Balanced Distribution Adaptation Based Transfer Learning Zhou Xu, Shuai Pang, Tao Zhang, Xiapu Luo, Jin Liu, Yutian Tang, Xiao Yu, and Lei Xue, Journal of Computer Science and Technology (JCST), Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 1039-1062, 2019.
- TSTSS: A Two-Stage Training Subset Selection Framework for Cross Version Defect Prediction Zhou Xu, Shuai Li, Xiapu Luo, Jin Liu, Tao Zhang, Yutian Tang, Jun Xu, Peipei Yuan, and Jacky Keung, Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Vol. 154, pp. 59-78, 2019.
- GaitLock: Protect Virtual and Augmented Reality Headsets Using GaitYiran Shen, Chengwen Luo, Hongkai Wen, Tao Zhang, Wen Hu, and Daniela Rus, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 484-497, 2019.
- A Comparative Study of Android Repackaged Apps Detection Techniques Xian Zhan, Tao Zhang, and Yutian Tang, Proc. of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER'19), pp. 321-331, 2019.
- Software Defect Prediction Based on Kernel PCA and Weighted Extreme Learning Machine Zhou Xu, Jin Liu, Xiapu Luo, Zijiang Yang, Yifeng Zhang, Peipei Yuan, Yutian Tang, and Tao Zhang, Information and Software Technology (IST), Vol. 106, pp. 182-200, 2019.
- ROSF: Leveraging Information Retrieval and Supervised Learning for Recommending Code SnippetsHe Jiang, Liming Nie, Zeyi Sun, Zhilei Ren, Weiqiang Kong, Tao Zhang, and Xiapu Luo, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC), Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 34-46, 2019.
- Bug Reports for Desktop Software and Mobile Apps in GitHub: What's the Difference? Tao Zhang, Jiachi Chen, Xiapu Luo, and Tao Li, IEEE Software, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 63-71, 2019. (Invited to be presented at the Journal First Session of ICSME 2017)
- Cross Version Defect Prediction with Representative Data via Sparse Subset Selection Zhou Xu, Shuai Li, Yutian Tang, Xiapu Luo, Tao Zhang, Jin Liu, and Jun Xu, Proc. of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Program Comprehension (ICPC'18), pp. 132-143, 2018.
- Cross-Version Defect Prediction via Hybrid Active Learning with Kernel Principal Component Analysis Zhou Xu, Jin Liu, Xiapu Luo, and Tao Zhang, Proc. of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER'18), pp. 209-220, 2018.
- Bug Report Enrichment with Application of Automated Fixer Recommendation Tao Zhang, Jiachi Chen, He Jiang, Xiapu Luo, and Xin Xia, Proc. of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Program Comprehension (ICPC'17), pp. 230-240, 2017.
- An Unsupervised Approach for Discovering Relevant Tutorial Fragments for APIs He Jiang, Jingxuan Zhang, Zhilei Ren, and Tao Zhang, Proc. of the 39th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE'17), pp. 38-48, 2017.
- Towards More Accurate Severity Prediction and Fixer Recommendation of Software Bugs Tao Zhang, Jiachi Chen, Geunseok Yang, Byungjeong Lee, and Xiapu Luo, Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Vol. 117, pp. 166-184, 2016.
- Can We Trust the Privacy Policies of Android Apps? Le Yu, Xiapu Luo, Xule Liu, and Tao Zhang, Proc. of the 46th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN'16), pp. 538-549, 2016.
- A Literature Review of Research in Bug Resolution: Tasks, Challenges, and Future Directions Tao Zhang, He Jiang, Xiapu Luo, and Alvin T.S. Chan, The Computer Journal, Vol. 59, No. 5, pp. 741-773, 2016.
- Committee member of CCF Software Engineering
- Senior member of CCF
- Guest editor of IEEE Transactions on Reliability (TR) 2020
- Guest editor of Journal of Systems and Software (JSS) 2020
- Associate editor of IEEE Access 2018-2019
- Organization Committee Chair of the IEEE International Workshop on Intelligent Bug Fixing (IBF) 2019-2020
- Publicity chair of the IEEE International Conference on Software Quality, Reliability, and Security (QRS) 2019
- Publicity chair of the IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER) 2019
- Track chair of the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC) 2017-2020 Software Engineering Track
- TPC member of
IEEE International Conference on Software Quality, Reliability, and Security (QRS) 2020, IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER) 2020, Innovations in Software Engineering Conference (ISEC) 2020, National Software Application Conference (NASAC) 2019 & 2016-2017, IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE) 2019 Tool Demonstration Track, International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS) 2018, Annual Conference on Software Analysis, Testing and Evolution (SATE) 2016-2017, ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC) 2015-2016 Software Engineering Track
- Reviewer for
Automated Software Engineering Journal (ASEJ), Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSEP), Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), IET Software, Software Quality Journal (SQJ), Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing (JAIHC), Journal of Software: Practice and Experience (JSPE), IEEE Transactions on Reliability (TR), Journal of Computer Science and Technology (JCST), Journal of KING SAUD University-Computer and Information Sciences, Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE), IEEE Access, Journal of Supercomputing, Cluster Computing, Information and Software Technology (IST), International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (IJSEKE), Frontiers of Computer Science (FCS), SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences
- Bug Triage for Mobile Apps
supported by Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province
June 2019 - June 2022, PI
- Bug Localization for Mobile Apps
supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
Jan. 2017 - Dec. 2019, PI
- Commit Based Automated Bug Assignment Method for Mobile Apps
supported by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation
Aug. 2017 - Aug. 2019, PI
Office: A321, Macau University of Science and Technology
Avenida Wai Long, Taipa, Macau, China.
Email: tazhang AT must DOT edu DOT mo